View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 08:26 AM   #3249
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

I've been working on the summer Kitchen since the sawmill got my lumber made.
Name:  DSCN0419.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  38.4 KB
Name:  DSCN0614.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  45.4 KB
Name:  DSCN0619.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  51.7 KB
Name:  DSCN0616.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  79.6 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
A very wise man said friends and family will take advantage of you long before a stranger will. It's pretty much always bad bidnezz financially dealing with family.
But then in business it's not what you know it's who you know. Most of the successful home improvement contractors I know have gotten to where they are by working for family and friends... and friends of family and friends. Who you know can be a financial or other business connection, but for most of us who we know are friends and family. The key to a good turnout on working for homeowners is communication. Whether written contract or verbal. I make sure my work is well defined, leave nothing assumed. I make sure they understand the extent of the scope and have that to refer back to if there is any misunderstanding. I think the whole "never work for family or friends" thing comes out of people being familiar with each other and leaving a lot to be assumed. The guys I know who say they don't do work for family or friends are not totally honest. It would be a smart move for a dishonest person to not work within the circle of family and friends. If they do, they won't be for long.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-01-2022 at 10:34 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote