View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 09:28 AM   #3276
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

I got that summer kitchen closed-in and free-standing, and beginning on the cornice. All cleaned up for the big party today, Ocmoberfest! This guy's nickname is Mo. People began arriving yesterday, so I shut down early and joined them.
Name:  DSCN0623.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  40.5 KB
Name:  DSCN0653.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  71.1 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mud1 View Post
this afternoon after my wife got home from work,i loaded up her car for a roadtrip starting tomorrow morning,bright and early.we're taking off for a run to Medina,Ohio to see old friends who were supposed to come here this summer but the man is sick,fighting cancer and not doing well,so if he and his wife can't get here,we'll get to him.i'm not looking forward to this but i am.we'd like to see them but it's going to the hardest thing leaving to head home,knowing we're not likely to see him again.terrible.
That will be the hard part, leaving. I hope the best for your visit.

Since the first of the year I have two friends both diagnosed with terminal cancer, both given 3-5 years. But I am fortunate that both are close enough to visit often. It's just hard knowing these are their best days now and the nature of visits will change.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote