View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022, 10:44 AM   #3292
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
I remember buying wood for projects all the way back when I was in junior high, and that stuff was all about tight knots and small growth rings. After high school and the Navy, ('76) when I went to work on stuff I couldn't believe what the wood looked like. We left some of the shelves that had oil stains over there, but I'm going to look more closely at them. One problem is that my F-i-L put a hose bibb in the garage, and it sticks out of the wall to the edge of the shelves. I could scalp all those shelves off the wall and put in a shorter nipple, but those shelves have stains from oil cans being stored on them. I don't know if there would be decent wood left if I planed those shelves down. I'll have to really look. Wood one gets nowadays looks like feces. My son does handyman work and fixed some chairs for little kids at a local private school. The wood he got was grown in New Zealand, and I kid you not, the growth rings were 1/4"!
A lot of clear white pine I get is either from New Zealand or Sweden. It amazes me. I guess worldwide ocean transport is so common these days it's more economical. Here are end cuts from the siding and a ceiling joist on that 150+ year old building I'm working on. An interesting jog in the grain I'm curious about
Name:  DSCN0665.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  59.1 KB
Name:  DSCN0666.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  79.4 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by allchevy58 View Post
We are doing 10" footings and 36" stem walls, wanted a 4' crawl space. We'll be back filling a little bit. Got more done today.
Moving it along. Sounds like a good plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
Was going to put a new exhaust on my old truck over the weekend but ended up:

- changing oil and rotating tires on the 4runner
- working on a leaking sink in the laundry room
- golf cart went down and had to troubleshoot to the micro switch in the pedal. Waiting on a new one to arrive. I have a drawer with probably 12-18 micro switches and none would work, of course.
- cut a large pine tree for a neighbor and also the last one I wanted out of my yard
You'll never get that exhaust on there if you keep procrastinating like that

Sounds like me. I hardly ever get anything done as planned. Always get "steered" into getting something else taken care of. And I that's not from having a wife!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote