Thread: 55.2-59 Hood latch adjustment
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2022, 10:49 AM   #15
Missyblue

Re: Hood latch adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
when you are setting things up after the truck has been taken totally apart, it is best to take the front fenders off and adjust the doors to fit the cab and the body line behind the door. set that gap first. then stick the fenders on and adjust that gap and body line, some shims may be required at the front cab mounts (really good idea to have new cab mounts and rad support mounts first) or the rad support mounts to get things linerd up and level. good idea to get the frame level first, thrn the cab level, then the door body line level, then the fender body line level. you get the idea. a maget on the front fender body line at the headlight end and anothert one at the rear cab body line behind the door, with a string between the magnets, will really help you set things up level and in line. a piece of tape placed at the front and rear of each body part, with a mark on the body line, will also really help you line things up so it looks right when ity's all together.
Yes my truck has been a jigsaw puzzle haha. Came mostly in pieces. I think I have located most or all. I hope.......so since you crossed the big bridge haha i better figure out my doors 1st.....kinda passed a few things due to my mechanic needing radiator and stuff in to finish his engine help. I did get new radiator mounts/pads. I defintly need to do door work as my hinges are missing a few bolts I just located. So I'll start with doors and work outward again just needed another set of hands to get bolts started. I had saved a door tutorial somewhere so I'll have to look for it. I'm realizing my local rod shops joke about learning to love taking things apart 5 times is reality 🤪 thanks for the help. I'll see what I can figure out
Missyblue is offline   Reply With Quote