View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 05:27 PM   #13
mr48chev

Re: Wiring Relays for Turn Signals/Parking Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveshilling View Post
Thanks all for the input. I'm going with regular Halogen Bulbs, and the relays allow them to be brighter and avoid putting so much amperage through the 60 year old factory headlight switch. LED's are great, but I like how Halogen looks on an old ride.

This is very common practice with headlights, so I figured what's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

mr48chev, I may have to just do a test and see how bright they are on battery 12v vs through the headlight switch. To your point, they are much smaller so it may be just fine through the switch.
This is a chart on watts and amps for what we normally use for stop, tail and turn bulbs Note that the brighter 2357 bulb draws .59 amp on the tail/park side and 2.23 amps on the stop/turn side. That's not much draw through a wiring system. If you have led stop/tail lights the draw is less yet.

I have LED replacement headlight bulbs in my BMW and they just throw a white light. I wouldn't have those ugly bug eye (current fad for old trucks) 400 dollar lights in anything I owned. They are just flat too ugly.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote