View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 11:49 PM   #278
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

Is it wrong to have spring fever in February?

I've noticed after this much time I've lost track of what my next course of action was planned to be. I got to thinking about it pretty often so I figured it'd be smart to pull all the cleaned and bagged hardware out and list it on an inventory sheet so I can see what all is missing in hopes of being more ready for assembly. I had the opportunity to mess around with the 72 this afternoon, so I lifted the bed back off to have more room to work. I'm planning on mounting the drop down battery tray and get some battery cables made after that. I also started pre assembling the brake pedal/ steering column/ booster/ master cylinder and proportioning valve. Take a look at these pics and tell me if you think I got the right brake booster. Sorry for the sideways pic. I bought it new at a swap meet a couple years ago. The vendor told me it would work for my application, but it sure looks to be sticking out farther than I expected. Another thing I noticed on the truck is the the stock brake lines only have 2 lines total (one for the front brakes and one for the back brakes), but the proportion valve has 3 ports with one port labeled front right, one labeled front left, and one port labeled rear brakes. The directions were about as useful as a pocketknife left in your sock drawer. Another thing I've been contemplating is loosing the air ride. I probably will end up trying it out since I've already done most of the work involved, but my gut tells my I'm not going to like the general performance (or lack there of). Plus the novelty of picking your ride height will probably fade away pretty fast if I were to guess. I'm second guessing the air tank location and size as well. Any thoughts?
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.

Last edited by cornerstone; 02-14-2023 at 09:44 PM.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote