Thread: 47-59 radiator needed
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 12:56 AM   #13
mick53

Re: radiator needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
I'll remember that. I've still got my old original 48 radiator that a friend recored with the core out of a 2 ton GMC years ago and two 1-1/2 ton Chevy radiators that look good but have been sitting around for years on end.

My radiator looks great except that the "Tig"? welding around the tank isn't what you think of as tig welded.

URL=https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/w71/mr48chev/DSCN9382_(2).JPG?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds][/URL]

Recent reviews say some folks have had radiators that had the welds crack. That may or may not be because of bad welds but until I have a few thousand miles on it I am not going to recommend this brand for while.

My only issue with the Champion is that I personally don't like the looks of the tanks. That may not be an issue for others.

Bad thing for AD radiators of any kind is that I have seen so many trucks with the support missing the top bar or missing the bracing in front or the fender to firewall braces missing that the flex on the front end sheet metal may be putting undue stress on the radiator.
It kind of looks like a spool gun weld.
mick53 is offline   Reply With Quote