View Single Post
Old 04-30-2023, 06:18 AM   #11
SwissFireTruck

Re: New Member from Switzerland

Thank you for the warm welcome. (Ganz besonders freut mich die Antwort in deutscher Sprache.)

The most important reason to be here in the forum is surely to find occasional help for the partly rare components installed in my truck.

Currently I am making good progress. The engine has been sealed, currently I am working on the rear axle and brakes. Oil was leaking into the brakes, the oil seal outside was leaking. Sealing the front axle, transfer case, transmission and PTO are still to come.

It's gratifying how simple everything is set up. Exciting on the other hand: Ask 3 people about a topic and you get at least 4 recommendations. For example, on sealing. It is exciting to find your own way. As it looks, this goes about trial and error.

In the middle of May, the local authorities will decide whether the Chevy is suitable for road use in its current condition. Hopefully everything will go smoothly, because there are already some trips planned: a bachelor party, classic car meeting at the builder of my car body, classic car family vacation in summer.

What are you working on, what plans do you have with your trucks and what trips do you want to take?
Attached Images

Last edited by SwissFireTruck; 04-30-2023 at 06:54 AM. Reason: added pictures
SwissFireTruck is offline   Reply With Quote