View Single Post
Old 05-09-2023, 07:38 AM   #1
Jayhawk851

Lowering under hood temperature

Hey all. So I’m beginning to have a problem with my truck and I’m not sure what to do. I have a gen vi 454 that’s been mildly built. Bored over .030 with higher compression pistons. I’m running 93 octane gas and the timing is at 12 degrees. On cooler days it runs perfect, but now that it’s been getting pretty hot where I’m at(90+ degrees) I’m having an issue with pinging sometimes on moderate acceleration. Normally the coolant temp runs about 195 and I have no issue. Now that it’s warmer the temp gets up to about 205 at time like when I’m sitting at a light, that’s when I’ll get the pinging. I’ve got the largest radiator that will fit with good dual electric fans, so I don’t believe the cooling system is the issue. Under the hood just gets VERY hot. I’m trying to think of a way to get some better airflow under the hood. It is a stock hood with no cowl, not sure if a cowl hood would help. Just trying to think of ways to get some better airflow under the hood to lower the temp. Thanks in advance.
Posted via Mobile Device
Jayhawk851 is offline   Reply With Quote