View Single Post
Old 05-20-2023, 06:34 PM   #1
CKfan

Cab corner sheet metal review

Read a few threads regarding cab corner fitment and thought I would add an experiment of my own.

In my experience, no matter whom I bought them from, all needed slicing and dicing. Also, different dealers just drop ship AMD stuff which has been the worst (IMO). On the plus side, all manufacturers seem to be using metal thickness that is similar to OEM.

Following the "you get what you pay for" method....I went to National Parts Depot (20 minutes away) bought 2 cheap one's ($19 ea) marked AMD and 2 expensive ($49 ea) No Name labeled. Both sets looked a lot alike but the more expensive ones seemed to have better shapes and nicer edges.

When I got to the garage I did a quick test fit of each with no modifications. The AMD sheet metal was HIDEOUS! The other fit almost perfect.

I have included pictures of the AMD mocked up on both sides and the other brand mocked up on the passenger's side as those both fit great. Having done this, I am able to fend off the AMD fans saying my truck must be bent out of shape. : ) Besides, I use a lot of other AMD stuff with no issues.

Notice the AMD metal hanging into the door jam almost 1/2 inch and hanging down below the rocker between 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch. Also, the AMD metal had the wrong curve on the bottom. Wasn't even close to the shape of the rocker and angled up sharply to the back.

One guys opinion, but the pictures don't lie.
Attached Images

CKfan is offline   Reply With Quote