View Single Post
Old 06-13-2023, 04:00 PM   #37
michael bustamante

Re: Eat your heart out fellas.

[QUOTE=special-K;9211905]I wonder the same thing, or it was switched out later for whatever reason. The carpet says it had buckets. GM only put carpet over the tank in bucket seat trucks. The holes for the center seat back bracket should be present.

I'm not knocking the truck. I absolutely love it and wish I could have bought it. I'm super glad that you were the buyer with it meaning so much to you and knowing you will cherish it from this point on. But curiosity runs strong in me and seeing a '67 Super Custom or CST that didn't come with buckets runs contrary to what I have learned over these years. If this one in fact never had buckets I'd like to know for sure. I'm not yet convinced.[/QUOTE

Well I`ll tell you guys what.. this carpet is the looped carpet and the color contradicts what the seat door and panals look like so i think im gonna replace it.. Im gonna be pulling the bench and Well see if this has the mounts for a bucket set up.... I wish it had buckets!! but this truck was originally ordered from a Dr. In Los Alamos NM (A bomb lab for you WWll guys)
he ordered it with a camper and that bigger bumper with bolted on D rings to tie the camper on to.. I bet he had them swap out to a bench to haul family more comfortable
turns out,,,Im the third owner!!
QUESTION FOR YOU GUY S SPEAKING OF CARPET...... ON THESE SUPER CUSTOMS, DID THEY PUT CARPET ON THE LOWER PART OF THE DOORS WHERE PEOPLE CUT HOLES TO PUT SPEAKERS? ALSO ON THE KICK PANALS?
Oh and ANother update... I get the engine started yesterday after sittiing all those years!!!

Last edited by michael bustamante; 06-13-2023 at 04:35 PM.
michael bustamante is offline   Reply With Quote