View Single Post
Old 06-14-2023, 06:29 AM   #4
K10-Kansas

Re: remove rod from brake booster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust_never_sleeps View Post
I watched a video a few hours ago (with an MBM booster?) and they just pulled the MC pin out with pliers

I've read how some people "fortify" the pedal rod with additional threaded sleeves so it can't bend.
TBH, not bending is something I assumed was an intrinsic requirement for said part :shrug:
That's a great idea. I'll set it to the right length and then for any exposed threading I'll put a threaded sleeve on it. For any exposed threading I'll put a sleeve on it.

I read on another forum that you have to take the booster apart to remove the rod. On another forum they said to use needle nose pliers to remove a pin in the booster along the rod. I saw on a video with a hydro boost (not a vacuum boost) where the guy put the boost in a vice and knocked the rod out with a hammer.

The C10 truck show I entered is this Saturday so I'm just going to drive over to classicpartsamerica and get a booster with the brake rod, brake clevis, and mounting brackets all in one unit. That way I'm not trying to match up 3 different pieces on my frankentruck.
Attached Images