View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 07:33 AM   #12
K10-Kansas

Re: remove rod from brake booster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust_never_sleeps View Post
I need to take out the play first, and make sure the rod is rigid so I can finish bleeding.
Then I'll see where the pedal sits, and whether I can get the position where I want it.
If someone adjusted their pedal too close to the ground I imagine they might not be able to apply much pressure to the back brakes right? If the pedal is too far from the floorboard I imagine they would then reach the end of useful travel while still several inches away from the end of possible travel because they would run into the very tense spring in the master cylinder that comes into play at the end of the small reservoir use/rear braking portion right?

I'm trying to figure out how high to adjust my pedal so that it is low but that I still get the full use of the rear brakes. Is the only way to do this, twisting the clevis and then pushing to the floor and repeating that until you feel that very resistant spring in the master cylinder at the end of the rear braking travel?

It seams that that would be the process but this is my first time doing this so I was unsure what the pros do.