View Single Post
Old 06-30-2023, 08:01 AM   #16
special-K
Special Order

Re: '71s With Drum Brakes??

That J62 disc brake option mentioned is listed among the heavier truck options, not with the light truck options. And for light trucks disc brakes were never an option, standard equipment beginning '71 model year. Prior to that they were never offered, standard or option. If this is a true thing, it sure is rare. I've been into these trucks the way everyone is now for 50 years and been all over the country, talked trucks to a lot of people. Never heard tell or seen such a thing and I don't know anyone else who has. This forum has been around since long before FB and never had one show up. So far I have never seen bonified proof.

In true FB fashion, we have this guy that many consider an expert because he has more trucks than them, there were others who chimed in they had a '71 with drum brakes. One had a SWB K/10 and the other a K/20. Then there was a guy who said he has a '72 with drums, with no mention of which model. Sure is odd that in all these years involved with these trucks and almost 19 years on this forum full of information we have never had a bonified drum brake '71, but on one thread on FB we have three or four. I'll say three. The guy with the '72 is F.O.S!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 06-30-2023 at 08:58 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote