Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2023, 02:48 PM   #6
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

This has been one of those weeks where I spent many hours in the garage, and yet it doesn't appear that much happened. All this takes so much time.

I ended up getting off the bed for now. I can't do too much to fill the gap between the bed and the cab on the sides until I had installed the running boards and they weren't in yet. First I had to install the support arms for the running boards, then bolt the filler panel to the running boards. They then bolted on nicely. I'm still waiting for the rear fenders though. So I decided now was a good time to start fitting the nose and see how it all falls in place.

I got the rad support in along with the latch support panel and lower pan. Those both needed some trimming to fit around the new radiator. Then it was time for the hood and fender wells.

With the front fenders in place it was time for the running boards and bed filler panels. These are still loose waiting for the instalation of the rear fenders. They should be here by the middle of next week.

Once everything is fitted I will definitely be fixing all of this. I hate the gap between the bed and cab. I will also be extending the stake pocket down to the filler panel as well as extending the leading edge of the filler panel to follow the cab corner better.

With everything loosely bolted together...I was also able to get a giid view of how bad the hood and fender gaps are. I've got some work ahead of me here.

And lastly the chance to stand back and take it all in.....

One last thing. Since I track my hours I have decided to start posting up the hours involved and a complete running tally. Might be fun to watch and see what it all adds up to. Any guesses?

This all took 14 hours.
Subtotal is now 484.75 hours!
1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote