View Single Post
Old 09-28-2023, 04:21 PM   #39
Beach-Burban

Re: Slow Progress is better than No Progress.

Well…it’s been about ten months since I received my Pro Flo 4 system…and I actually have it up and running! A lot of traveling and other obligations got in my way, but truthfully, I’m kind of slow and methodical in how I work. That paid off in some regards, as upon start up, not even one leak arose to ruin my day! By following the Edelbrock procedures to the letter, everything acted the way it was supposed to…and fired-up on the first try! That’s the positive…but I’m not “off to the races” yet (figure of speech…still not a race car!)!

It looks like I’ll have to put more miles on it so the “self-learn” can do it’s thing…and/or I’ll have to learn more about using the Advanced Tuning features of the APP that makes the adjustments. For now, I’ll tell you about how I feel about the overall project…some good; some so-so; and some are still to be determined.

Overall, the Pro Flo 4 looks clean and is a well thought out kit with pretty much everything included to get you to the finish line. One thing I hadn’t thought about when purchasing the compatible Fuel Sump Pump kit, is that my plans for “cleaning-up” the engine bay, actually added more clutter in some regards. I tried to make the layout neat looking as well as functionally accessible, but the amount of fuel hose required to be in the engine compartment goes against so much of what I’ve learned throughout the years…but everything I used was included in the kit, including most of the AN fittings and TwistLoc hose…and there was no way to follow the instructions and have only 12 inches of rubber fuel hose without discarding those components and devising my own steel lines? I don’t know what to say, except nothing leaked and it’s all routed away from the hot spots!

Next, there is a lot of wiring harness…which I again did my best to shorten, tidy and hide whenever possible, but I can probably still improve on that a bit. I also followed Edelbrock’s recommendation to use the vent/return line of my removed charcoal canister, which led me to the realization that I have a Non-Vented gas cap, so until I get the proper cap, I’m keeping mine twisted to the half-locked position. What’s odd is that I never had pressure build-up in my tank until I drove with the EFI the first time…but still…I should have realized that a long time ago?

Last thing I’ll say for now, is that it’s too soon for me to be thrilled or disappointed with my decision to change from carbureted to EFI, as I know the bugs haven’t been sorted out yet…just wish the “Self-Learn” process worked a little quicker.

Woody

Name:  IMG_4161.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  67.3 KB
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote