View Single Post
Old 09-30-2023, 11:37 AM   #41
Beach-Burban

Re: Slow Progress is better than No Progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNAVY30 View Post
Hey Woody, glad you're making progress. Ill throw this out there, based only on my experience with the Holley EFI systems...

The "self tuning" is adequate, and will get you on the road. But if you want the truck to truly perform, and realize all the benefits of the EFI conversion, you're going to want to find a tuner that can give everything a good look and smooth out all the fuel/timing/spark tables for you.

That being said, definitely get 2000 miles or so on the set up before you start looking at next moves. The self tuning does a decent job of getting you started.
Thanks for the info, Gregg…I will ask around for when I get ready (or fed-up) for the final tune! 2000 miles!!! I’ve got a lot of popping in the exhaust that worries me while driving in this state of tune…and it’s not consistent either? Sometimes on acceleration, sometimes on deceleration and sometimes just a random pop here or there…and then there are times when everything smooths out for awhile? I only have probably 15 to 20 road miles on it since start-up…and none have been on the freeway yet, so I’ll have to get going on that 2000 mile mark! I just had a minor setback with my available time…actually writing this from the hospital due to the discovery of A-Fib! Getting old sucks, but I didn’t and still don’t feel any symptoms of this or any other ailment…so when released (I guess the medical field says “discharged”), I’ll probably be right back at it! Thanks again!

Woody
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote