View Single Post
Old 10-07-2023, 11:30 AM   #18
vintovka

Re: Choosing correct size alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyPile View Post
33si??? Never heard of such a thing.. "33si" isn't mentioned anywhere on your link that I can see. The "plastic fan" and grounding lug is common to all 12si alternators.. If you follow the link I posted in post #4, you'll see the Remy is exactly the same as the one you purchased from NAPA.. I paid $49.84 for my 12si 94 amp alternator.. And my alternator has the same lifetime warranty... Having said all that, I'm glad you got their attention, and talked them into adjusting their prices...
Says 33Si on spec sheet that came with it. I weighed it and it like half again the weight of the old 12si. It is the heaviest one i ever installed and arms are still recovering. After all i paid $78 OTD. which is about "right" given the recent devaluation of the dollar. Been to the supermarket lately?? Will add i thought it weird they and i felt better it was made in Mexico and not china, and it was available. May be able to finish running all the wiring today and will report back if anyone cares. Mechanics in the 4th Quarter is a real challenge.
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote