Thread: In-N-Out Burger
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2023, 03:19 PM   #72
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: In-N-Out Burger

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
fries are terrible (isnt it funny how in spanish terrible is spelled the same but pronounced differently?), its funny that they dont know that fresh cut potatoes should not be fried instantly?
I think that is more of an artifact of passing generations. There is a huge difference between "cooking" and "heating something up"
Most folks today can't cook from scratch. They have grown up with mostly prepared (and frozen) or fully cooked, just needing a microwave.
Making hand cut fries is way more of an artform simply throwing thm in some hot oil. Cooking them twice (pre blanching and then final crisping) is the key.
Some people also like a saltwater soak first too. The salt will draw some of the natural moisture out, resulting in better overall cooking. They don't even start to brown until that moisture is gone or you burn up the outside and mushy in the middle.

ETA, I like me some In-N-Out, Jack in the Box, or Whataburger, but I think it's mostly because they aren't available here. The closest any of these places is to me is the In-N-Out in East St.Louis. Its about 8 hrs west.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.

Last edited by LONGHAIR; 10-14-2023 at 03:26 PM.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote