View Single Post
Old 10-18-2023, 07:57 PM   #44
Beach-Burban

Re: Slow Progress is better than No Progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
Joining late again. The installation looks great! Especially on top of the big block. Can you explain more about the fuel sump? Did you have to modify your fuel tank?

Sorry to hear about your health issue. Like most folks I know little about these things until they affect me or my family. Praying that your on the road to recovery.

And Woody many thanks to both you and CG for the kind words.
Being late on this site is never a problem, HO455…comments are always welcome! You are very deserving of any praise that comes your way, as the value of your WMB thread will assist many for years to come!

Thanks for the positive thoughts regarding my health…turns out that I just needed a “Tune-Up”…kind of like a jump start to get my timing right and a few additives to keep everything running smooth! Feeling quite well now!

The fuel sump is basically a very small fuel tank with a high pressure electric fuel pump and adjustable fuel regulator built in. It is fed by my low pressure mechanical fuel pump with a 100 micron fuel filter before the sump and a 10 micron fuel filter after the sump. For me, using the sump pump prevented me from having to modify my original fuel tank (as it is a dealer installed 45 gallon unit from when the burb was brand new)…and I also liked that their sump pump was made to communicate directly with the Pro Flo 4’s ECU. Other than the amount of rubber fuel lines (and price!), I’m quite happy with the addition. Now I need to put some road miles on the system so the self-learn has an opportunity to do its job!

Woody
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote