View Single Post
Old 10-29-2023, 11:43 AM   #1039
Beach-Burban

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post

The other chores were to adjust the drivers side door. The top of the door seems to have opened up a bit which is causing wind noise next to my head. I marked the upper hinge before I loosened all the bolts one turn except the lowest one on the bottom hinge. That lowest bolt I only loosened about 1/3 of a turn. The idea is that I could bump the op of the door inward and not loose any other adjustments.

Fortunately it went as planned. I measured the top of the door frame to the cab with a micrometer before and after. I was surprised to see how much movement it took at the hinge (about 3/16") and I only gained 1/16" at the top of the door. (Photo #2) A test drive proved that 1/16 inch was enough to quiet the noise.
Well once again, HO455 has hit upon a topic that I have needed to delve into for sometime now…so Thanks! I will be looking through your thread and researching other areas of the forum for any and all door related intel, as mine need the whole nine yards! A while ago, I purchased the door seals and window felt kits, but got sidetracked with other agendas. Now it’s time to R&R the doors (after I learn a thing or two about the process). Thanks again for providing motivation!

Woody
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote