View Single Post
Old 11-12-2023, 02:08 AM   #398
mr.mud1

Re: Build that 71 402 already

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
I hired a guy to repair my seat, install the new SMS seat covers, and install the ACC flooring and fuel tank cover. The seat covers are the original material. SMS did the sewing, and the fit is perfect.

Should have seen the upholsterer in action. 1K gets a foam cutter, I think the blade is 10" or so. An 85 year old, handy as heck fellow lives across form him, he welded a new spring where a piece had broken.

The driver's side was sunk badly. The upholster fixed that beginning with a 1" cut over say a 16" square section of the original foam's top. He glued a new 1" foam pad in place of the cut. Then he cut, cut, cut some more. Then he glued the original cut on top of that, cut, cut, cut some more to perfect. Anyway, new seat, I can finish the interior now, hallelujah. What a pleasure to finish my truck with the likes of door panels and that. But then again, can't say when my front bumper will be done ("any day now").

I messed up, we were in a hurry to install the seat to finish the job, so I forgot to take an image of the floor and fuel tank cover. That said, those went in so easily for him. He only spent two hours on it, the seat was 3.5. In a nutshell, he cut for the seat's bolts. Sliced for the fuel tank tube(s) and a pinch for one retractable belt, perhaps something for the belt buckles? His slices in the fuel tank cover allowed him to glue its bottom to the floor, folded forward, which is then covered by the floor carpet.

The ACC stuff fits nicely. They forgot the dimmer grommet. I called them, see what happens, but ordered another from elsewhere anyhow. Included an image or two with ACC's floor mats. I don't like them honestly, they look too sporty. Solid black would be an improvement. Oh yeah, this is me, the upholsterer wanted me to try the seat out, and took this.
very nice work,as usual.looking fantastic.i have heard of a few fellas' not getting the dimmer switch grommet?i suggested to one guy to call them and they straightened it right out?i used to sell ACC carpets and always had extra grommets around cause sometimes there'd be a handful in the box?personally i do like their mats.i have their dark olive green carpet in my truck with the matching mats.i always liked the mats as it was the same carpet and the prickly backing keeps them in place.looking good,all the best.Greg
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote