View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 02:00 PM   #115
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: Palf's 1970 Custom/10

Well she runs again. Still got to tie up a couple things under dash on the Vintage air, then get it charged. Rebuilt Edelbrock carb, added Edelbrock Performer intake (painted to look less aftermarket. New aftermarket HEI. The old 1976 version still seemed to work but might have had some quirkiness to it. First new plug wires in 20 years. She runs a lot smoother now.

BTW initial fie up works alot smoother when you have the power brake booster hose hooked to the big open nub on the back of the carb. I also forgot to check timing light. Had it set to 50 degrees advance. That will sorta mess up trying to get it smooth.

Very happy an no water leaks with intake or what not. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't use the original M/T valve covers. The alternator and AC compressor wouldn't let me get them on.

I'll probably not get to do much this weekend as we are supposed to be in the 20s till about Wednesday, and that is too cold for this southernized Yankee to work on something unless it is absolutely necessary.
Attached Images

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is online now   Reply With Quote