View Single Post
Old 01-15-2024, 11:46 PM   #11
novaX522

Re: Rear sway bar install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
My truck had the factory front sway bar when I bought it and I believe they are 7/8ths of an inch. I sourced a factory 1 ton 1 1/4 inch front bar from a scrap 73/87 GMC 3500 and installed it 6/7 years ago with Energy Suspension Poly Bushing. I added the Rear Hellwing 1 1/18th rear bar in 2 years ago and truck was at stock height then and I could feel the difference on tight turns after the rear bar was installed. Then I lowered the truck with a 2 1/2 inch dropped spindle and 3 inch rear spring with shock relocators and adjustable panhard bar. Also did complete front end rebuild with the original springs up front. The shocks are nothing fancy or exotic just Monroe OE Spectrums that I put on the truck around 2015/16 not long after I got it. Tires are 255/60 17 on 17 by 8 rims. My point with all this info is that my truck handles and corners superbly and going onto on ramps at a good clip it stays flat with no lean or feeling of losing it. I think you will love your new front /rear sway bars. Pic is my truck as it sits now with above mentions installed.
Thanks! Love the stance of your truck! Hope mine looks something like that when I get the 31-10.50x15s on.
novaX522 is offline   Reply With Quote