Thread: Which Headers?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 12:17 PM   #14
MikeB

Re: Which Headers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71 super View Post
The hedman 1.75 headers fit well, but will need to be installed from the bottom if the truck 's engine is in the stock v8 location (front holes). the headers will be tight but are created exactly like the 1 5/8 versions. you will have some issues with the number 3/5 plug wires so plan on a set of two of the boots from dei. the headers actually have very good clearance unless you are running bags especially for full length headers. If you are bagged or really low static, buy a set of mid lengths, I used a set on my 68 anniversary truck with 383 / brodix set up and had to do a minor trim of frame rail to clear tubes. Headers on it were for Camaro i think. Can post pics after work, but they allowed me to place exhaust inside the frame rail area to hide it.
Not making fun of your post, but "headers fit well" has become a relative statement, actually meaning "They only need extra clearance in a few places, and are close to only a few spark plugs!"

We all recognize and accept it, so the manufacturers just keep popping out headers that "sorta fit" depending on which worker did the cuts, bends, and welding. My Hedmans are very well made, but I'd bet a burger and a beer that if I bought two more pairs, they would fit slightly different than mine and each other.
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote