View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 08:29 AM   #5185
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs71 View Post
Nice looking job on your floor mr.mud1.....keeping with the automotive theme,I am finishing today the old drum brakes to disc conversion on my 71 demon drag car.
All go and no slow isn't so great. Make that rocket stop! Good move
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Finished up the corner shelves .
Well done and great use of space
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
Under my wife's supervision I put some old rims & tires that I had laying around on the 59 Buggy and a slight general cleanup. I think it looks better (couldn't look any worse) I also ordered some rear fenders that aren't all mangled. Bodywork done! Now just get some tractor paint a give the old girl a squirt. No pesky door jambs to worry about. I'm thinking Olive Drab green or keep it red? It's kinda both now.
Or maybe Kawasaki green with black fenders to match my other Bug? Depends on what's on sale. I'm hoping to finish the whole car for under $2K including the price of the car. That's possible but not likely. Time will tell. I was going to part it but she said to keep it to give the grandkids rides. What the heck I like it.
I really like that thing. HEY! That's what it is, a homemade "VW Thing". Perfect for boppin' around your river resort town. I see a parade vehicle full of your grandchildren. I'd spray bomb the replacement parts red and let the sun eat it up. Or the whole thing red and let the sun fade it out. But... it would also look great staying red and shiny with better paint
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I hate when my balls get busted.
Beat me to it!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-30-2024 at 08:25 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote