Thread: Hood vents
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 03:06 PM   #11
CAMAROBOY68SS

Re: Hood vents

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewychevy67 View Post
I'm not sure what these are from (asuming a gm car) but I did toy with the idea for adding these to my hood. Also I thought about keeping the raised area high to the center line , moving the vents slightly closer to the middle boddy line, and flowing it out into it leaving the front of the hood stock.
Those are 67 Chevelle SS inserts. For the Chevelle inserts 66 or 67, you would need a Chevelle hood to cut out the area where they mount and then weld them into you truck hood. The Camaro/Nova finned inserts pretty must just bolt in on a flat surface. The 68/69 Camaro "Ice Cube Trays" have a drain that need a extra hold but will bolt down flat. The ice cubes can be made into a functional vent easily, you just need to cut the access in the hood. Then you just leave out the metal back plate from the insert (they are 3 pieces, back plate, mesh, chrome piece). Only problem is the chrome will blue with any amount of engine heat. I have a 68 Camaro SS and the aftermarket inserts blued/yellowed due to no insulation on the hood over a couple years.

C10 Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=833278

The "Others"
1933 Ford Pickup (Camaro in disguise)
2017 Camaro SS

Life long Chevy guy
CAMAROBOY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote