View Single Post
Old 02-02-2024, 09:49 AM   #10
Chaparralman1974

Re: cleaning in fender wells/ bed sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by '72 longhorn dually View Post
why did you choose eastwood brand frame coating over the other brands on the market? ive been looking into alot of the brands available, looks like il be staying away from the famous por-15.

Basically, I wanted to stay with a single manufacturer for everything that I could. Being a beginner with no auto body experience, I have relied heavily on YouTube, the interwebs, and this forum. Eastwood has a very navigable FAQ section, and I even called their tech support a few times. Lastly, I like being able to order everything at once from the same place.

I can say that the internal frame coating stuff went on just like I figured....very wet and runny, which really is what you want so that it flows into all of the nooks and crannies. It will make a mess, so you have to tape up the areas where it will run out. I also put a bunch of plastic down in the garage so that it didn't get all over the place. It also dried pretty quick, which was a bonus. I used it everywhere on the cab that I could except the roof (I didn't want it running back down the walls and I had already done most of the body work so I didn't want to roll the cab on its back again and damage anything that I had already fixed.

I stayed with Eastwood for everything except the body filler. For that, I chose to use Evercoat Rage Ultra. It was recommended by several body shops (on YouTube) that do show cars. I have been super happy with the results so far.

Clay
Build Thread: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=841272
Chaparralman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote