View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 07:08 PM   #29
3drburb

Re: Rear Posi (is it worth the money)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
If you and your truck are performance oriented: yes. If not: probably not. If you have a stock 350 or smaller and aren't going to drive in the rain or go off road, it's probably an unnecessary expense. The way I see it, if I'm going to modify my truck for more power, I'm going to include making that power usable as part of the plan. Good power + posi = fun. Good power, no posi = noise. Think of it like this. A guy who works out can't skip leg day or he starts to look funny with only a strong upper physique. All that strength is hardly usable without having the strength in your legs as a basis, foundation to push from. So now that you're not gonna skip leg day, how good is it if you only work one leg, the same leg every time? Having one strong leg isn't useless, it just doesn't give you the same range of abilities having two strong legs does.
As funny as this may intend to be I personally find it to be incorrect. Posi may be great on dirt, off road, drag racing or burnouts but not so great in the rain and even worse in the rain or heavy rain with a lot of added horsepower.

This is just what I have experienced driving and riding in cars and trucks with and without a Posi.

I guess to each their own.
Have fun, happy rodding and be safe.
3drburb is offline   Reply With Quote