View Single Post
Old 02-13-2024, 02:12 AM   #31
3drburb

Re: Rear Posi (is it worth the money)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Well, we're certainly experiencing it within a short distance of each other. I think you can say that it's not your experience but I don't think you can say that it is not correct. The stakes are higher if you have a posi car get away from you than if you sit and spin one tire in place. However, with our weather and especially in the rain after it's been dry, I would not want to drive a non posi rig. I drive pickups all day for work and posi is necessary to avoid excessive wheelspin with moderate horsepower (and moderate throttle). Wheelspin going uphill from a traffic light or stop sign is not a good look for a company rig. And not what I want in a personal rig either. And with an empty bed you have nothing usable on tap if you need to accelerate quickly for any reason. I don't think a high horsepower rig has any business being out in the rain unless it's all wheel drive, so in that case a one-legger could be better because you can't go anywhere.
I guess I will agree to disagree with all that, as I drive in the same weather with no Posi without spinning from stop to start and I live on one of the biggest hills in Kent driving a Chevy Express about 5 days a week for work.

Thanks for the education.

Wow! All the trucks and cars that made it building the world and farming and daily use along with being enjoyed with the non Posi all these decades while spinning tires not being able to move when it's not sunny and they are still building millions of them, Even the OP truck made it this long without.

Btw, I also have classic cars with a Posi.
3drburb is offline   Reply With Quote