View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 05:41 PM   #153
Vic1947

Re: 65 Fairlane pro-touring build

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Im with Scoti, things disappear when painted black.. I'm sure whatever you do it'll be topnotch..!!!
Thanks, Greg! Awhile back, I picked up a couple of cases of 3M professional grade rubberized undercoat. It dries black and has a nice texture, so I'll apply it to the tank once it's ready for the final installation. I brought the rear bumper home and put it up in place and with the tank in the new location, it looks like it will be okay. Between moving it up and coating it black, it won't be nearly as obvious as it was before.

I switched gears and got on the mill/lathe and machined the split ring for the fuel filler assembly. The tank goes up from the bottom and the filler will have to be attached prior to that as there's no way to access the clamps in the space available. I'll have a 3.25"D hole in the floor that the filler goes up thru. Then with it in place, I'll slip the split ring around it and screw the filler assembly to it. Then, I'll bolt the 4.25"D ring to the floor which will unitize the whole shebang.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas

Last edited by Vic1947; 02-17-2024 at 05:53 PM.
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote