View Single Post
Old 02-21-2024, 10:32 AM   #166
jaros44sr

Re: 65 Fairlane pro-touring build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1947 View Post
That's a smokin' deal. Actual Bridgeports are built like tanks so it doesn't surprise me that it's still in good operating condition. Does your phase converter allow the machine to instant reverse? The one I had required a complex relay wiring scheme to reverse instantly. Before installing the relays, if you tried to reverse out of a tapped hole, for instance, it just kept going in the forward direction. (Not good!) You could stop the machine and reverse would then work, but I needed it to instant reverse like they do when connected to actual three phase.
17085252545428203211308862072019 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/97391199@N06

I haven't experienced that, but I always use the brake for the spindle before I change direction, as soon I hit switch it goes into reverse
I can imagine snapped taps, if it wants to go in forward rotation

The guy is still alive and his shop is close by that built the unit, he said it was the first unit he built

Sorry for getting off on a tangent, but you work is incredible, always impressed with your techniques,and thanks for entertaining A CRABBY OLD WHITE GUY

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 02-23-2024 at 09:53 AM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote