View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 05:10 PM   #14
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Seat bolt size and thread pitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969stepside View Post
so the bench seat bolts and bucket seat bolts are diffrent? i am asking about the bolts that hold the seat track to the cab floor
Just my two cents. GM would have gone out of their way to simplify stuff, so to me that means seats take the same bolts. But I can only speak for a bench. Another way to think about it, I don't have a bracket in front of me to measure, but I don't know, 3/16"ish? Full 1/8" at least, guessing. If the brackets you're working with are the same, yeah, probably the bolts cited above. Note GM had their reasons for installing grade 5 seat bolts.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote