Thread: year round
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 10:03 AM   #6
MARTINSR

Re: year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
idk... oem has been trying to do this for years without much success
you'd need to e-coat the whole body: basically degrease, acid dip, neutralize and then electroplate everything with whatever they have come up with
epoxy paint will work as long as you never scratch thru the epoxy; pretty impossible considering every tightened bolt scratches thru the paint

i'm going to go out on a limb here and say your in your 20s or 30s
because anyone that learned to drive last century in salt country drove rusty cars
our trucks did ok the first 20 years because thru the 70s sand and cinders were the main winter road treatments
even then a 20 year old truck had rust in typical areas you'd see in a current northwest truck
the next 30 years of salt exposure just compounded the rust and thus is why you don't rebuild a 50s truck unless it was a 70s barn find

i drove a 58 pickup thru high school, in the 1975 yearbook i was voted the least likely to drive a vehicle with 4 fenders

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

This is my truck parking in the high school parking lot 1977.

On the subject, it really depends on where you live. I have driven my year round in the SF bay area, and the last number of years I have been driving my stone stock 59 Rambler. Not a single issue, just like driving anything else.

As far as CAN YOU drive one of these trucks year round, well, they did in 1950! That is what I have to ask my self every time someone says something about drum brakes or something, how you HAVE TO put discs, how in the hell did we drive them when they were new?

If you want to drive it, drive it!

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote