View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 06:55 AM   #9
FAKKY

Re: Depinned engine harness --- now ... ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
I wouldn't have the fan run the whole time the A/C is on, that will just prematurely wear your fan out. The way e015475 said he wired his is the way I do it too. Run the VA as stand alone, and the trinary switch will control the compressor and also provide a ground to the fan relay to turn the fan on based on head pressure, that way it shuts off on the highway. You will want to let your tuner know though so he can disable the error reporting for the fan code because it may set a code when the PCM sees the relay grounded but didnt command it.
Thanks.
What does the wiring on that look like schematically. Dont use PCM at all ? Just temp sensor.

So you setup the FAN on the FAN relay without PCM control (pin 42 on C1).
But doesnt the PCM get a reading from the THERM/TEMP switch to tell the fan to turn on. Meaning - if you dont wire in the fan via PCM .... then do a direct wire connection from the thermostat sensor? Basically treat it like a non PCM controlled hotrod.

I can disable all the PCM stuff with the HPTuners I bought I believe.

Then wire up all the AC stuff however you want ..... but have a ground wire "splice" into the ground circuit of the fan relay ? That way generally the temp sensor is controlling the FAN on/off ..... but the AC can also turn fan off if pressures get too high/low.