View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 12:26 AM   #238
Erik V

Re: How about some pics of 69-72 Blazers and Jimmys.

Got some of my old film pics scanned:

taken in 1973, GMC pulls Ford

Spring Break 1996 after week long sand dune trip

Getting ready for my HS "Storm" convoy over to the stadium from the school.

while on route to the Storm

another shot of Dorky HS Erik, day after Storm on my way to the lake I worked at

and just for fun, this is Dad's old racetruck. 68 GMC front clip, 72 Chev cab, home made alum flatbed, half ton axles, 66 International Travelall frame bobbed at the outer shackles, Olds 455bb/3sp auto from donar car mated to divorced T-case. Truck weighs ~3200 lbs, 4.11 gears, went like crazy. Its now sitting in the bushes on Dad's property after this illfated Tuff Truck event that took out the front axle and engine.

Just noticed that the flatbed "Motorhome" with the camper part removed is visible. The rest of the 68 GMC that became the racetruck, another Olds 455, 4wd with a tag axle in the rear. Ooooh, good shots of it are also burried at my Dad's house.

Still havnt managed to liberate Dad's photo boxes for more old school pics. Theres a great shot of the getaway from my parents' wedding with the Jimmy too. Maybe this weekend or next, rumor has it that Dad's got the shed half cleaned out, so maybe soon I'll have a GM besides the work van in my driveway.

Enjoy.

Erik

Last edited by Erik V; 11-13-2010 at 12:29 AM. Reason: moar infos!!!!!!!!
Erik V is offline   Reply With Quote