Thread: meth info
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 01:05 PM   #24
shifty
Questionable

Re: meth info

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs/ss View Post
Shifty, you never cease to amaze me, meth isn't addictive? How is a drug that controls the endorphines in your brain not addictive?
Met is bad. It is addictive. And you, sir, are taking my words out of context

Wow, I actually get to use something I learned in massage school. Meth has nearly the exact same effects as cocaine - it acts on the neural receptors of the brain to release dopamine and adrenaline. This common of many narcotics that fall in the stimulants category. Meth follows the common cycle of many things: using it provides a pleasant effect, and when your body has exhausted its dopamine supply, you feel an inverse or negative effect that makes you want to go up again. It takes another 24 hours before your body can rejuvenate its dopamine supply, which is perfect for meth heads, because the high lasts ~12-18 hours - however, it is much worse for coke addicts, because the high lasts a shorter period, thus coke is technically a more physically addictive substance, contrary to your point above which says "it is SO addictive" that "once is enough" but "try it the second time, meth now OWNS you". Coke actually would OWN a person more easily than meth, and crack would do so exponentially more (never done crack before, but I've done coke dozens of times). Meth is just cheaper, so more people do it and kids can get it easier.

I can't sit here and argue with you on this one, but you're relaying messages with someone who spent at least two years of his life around meth heads in Florida, which is another HUGE manufacturing area for Meth, occasionally doing meth when I was younger and I would say that only 1 out of 5 people of the bunch (this is a high estimate) tops got hooked on meth, whereas 1 out of every 2 got hooked on coke.

I'm not trying to argue with you that meth is not addictive. It clearly is an addictive substance - but so is Robotussin, some nasal sprays, hell, even Rush Limbaugh got severely addicted to pain pills.

I've had several friends die in Central Florida from drugs, especially Heroin (which I have also done w/o needles). Probably my biggest loss was Diana Hunter, died in Lake Mary back in ... '96? Very close friend.

Been there. Done that. Your claims are overly stated - and that's all I'm saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs/ss View Post
If you have used casually and not been hooked, shame on you for trying it again and again, and you are one lucky SOB that you aren't hooked.
Go try it, then come back here and repeat that last statement. That's all I'm saying.

All I am asking is that you stop taking everything you read and the worst of the worst horror stories you hear about, then laying them on everyone here as if the only way it works. I was there. Been there, done that, seen it and many other drugs abused and ... it's only like that maybe 20% of the time.

Of the other 80%, bad parenting in almost every case I saw was the other major contribution to people using/experimenting.

BTW - I am drug free and have been for at least a decade. I only did them for a 5-6 year window of my life, and they got me into an assload of trouble.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 04-16-2007 at 01:08 PM. Reason: edit: added "meth is bad", etc.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote