Thread: My First
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 06:30 AM   #185
heymoe

Re: My First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mieser3 View Post
Man, that's gotta be exciting! I can't wait to get that far along in my build.

What bags are you running in the front? I noticed you had said your front cross member pretty much hits the ground. Mine is about 2 inches from the ground (of course I don't have all the weight on it yet).
I have Firestone bags on there now but plan on buying some RE7 bags and keeping the Firestone as backups.
I had the same issue when I had everything installed and could not figure out why it would not lay all the way down. I called Nate and we chatted about it and it came out that I was shock bound. I installed Nate's shock relocator bracket and the problem was solved.
Your frame should lay on the cross member also if you have the control arms and shock relocators. It may sit on the cross member with the stock control arms too but don't quote me on that.

Take some pics and send them to Nate and he maybe able to help you out.
I tried to get a hold of him a few times and left messages but he must be out or busy. I should have my truck back by the first part of next week and I will be taking apart the front to get the new bushing inserts from him so hopefully I can get in touch with him soon.

Matt