View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 08:19 AM   #72
gigamanx

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post

I used 3.5" tall mounts and had a very very small trans tunnel, and the bed floor was raised 1.5 inches. for lowering I used 3" drop coils in front and 2" leafs with 2" blocks in the rear, and my running boards were 5" off the ground, which was a great look, and any basic bag kit would have laid the truck out with even a little bitty c notch.

sorry for the book, but its really a matter of thinking about what you want to do and picking your battles. I would at least buy V8 swap mounts and flip them backwards to get the 5.5" rear move of the engine, thats a lot of space and the core support/radiator mount is where you need the space the most, but even if you choose to not move it an inch, at least you will have the experience and advice to give others when you are done!
Books are good! If I'm not in the garage, I'm reading about what to do next in the garage. I have the mount bushings in front of me so I've factored that in to the height. I think it works out to be the same as what you've already done. 3.5" + 3/4" for the bushing. I'm at 5" right now with the blocks, so I can come down a few fractions and I'll be right at your measurements. I only want to have to do this once

As for the engine. Yeah its way tight up there. I don't feel confident I can find a radiator/fan combo that will squeeze into that space. I didn't even think of just getting the v8 mounts. I just didn't want to weld new mounts to the frame only to have to cut them off down the road for a V8. Bolt on sounds much better. Any suggestions on part numbers for the v8 mounts that work on the V6 4.3L?

Maybe these?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EMXU82..._t1_B000QDO5WU

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride

Last edited by gigamanx; 06-23-2017 at 02:47 PM.
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote