View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 01:06 AM   #110
DransportGarage

Re: What's going wrong inside my 350?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoJuice View Post
I will consider swapping out the cam and lifters if I dont have good vacuum.

I think I need to get the timing/carb setup first to get it idling properly then check for good vacuum. If I dont have good vacuum then ill change the timing chain for a double roller and swap the cam & lifters.
Sounds like a plan. Before you remove the Jackson gear drive, make sure it was installed so that the cam timing was correct. If it was a tooth off it would explain the poor performance. Then check/set the valve lash before you set the timing and mess with the carb. Let us know if either the cam timing or the valve lash was messed up. (I know you're getting a lot of advice, but these two checks are easy, important, and will let you know if you have fixed something.) So, here's the entire sequence:

1) Check the static (non-running) cam timing by looking at the gear drive.
2) Install double roller chain & gears.
3) Check/set valve lash (Static, NOT running).
4) Get engine to run.
5) Set timing.
6) Set up the carb.

Oops. It's late at night, and no, I haven't had any adult beverages, but I just realized my plan doesn't let you execute your plan. I'd do my plan, but you do what you want. We'll still help you.
Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)

Last edited by DransportGarage; 01-09-2019 at 01:23 AM.
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote