View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
jocko

upper trim attachment options

I'm certain this has come up before - but, what is the rhyme or reason to which type of upper belt trim attachment pieces were used by the factory. I "assumed" the factory always used metal clips, but, of course, I have 2 truck that have the original trim on them and they have the adhesive retainers (see part "D", two types - metal or plastic w/adhesive) http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cb/full.aspx?Page=43

Am curious which you all use and which were original, etc etc. Seems it's easier to remove it from the plastic ones. Both my trucks used the plastic retainers in the middle and metal clips at the ends (I'm talking about on the long upper bed trim strips/belt molding). Wondering any advantages to either way. For the adhesive ones, are they simply placed in the trim then the trim pressed on, or are they placed on the bed and the trim snapped on over them once they are in place? I've always preferred clips, but, on a truck with aux tanks, it's about impossible to get behind the bedside and pinch the clips to get them removed. Anyone have any tricks as to how to remove the metal clips?

Thanks all!
jocko is online now   Reply With Quote