View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 01:50 PM   #11
1972ChevyCheyenne

Re: Car Audio Speaker Wiring

Thanks for the help guys! I was going about it the wrong way (the not reconmended way). I see where the RCA jacks are now so i'll get three cables and run them for the Sub and front and rear speakers. Not that a sub will likely fit though. Can I run the ground wire for the headunit in the same bundle as the RCA wires if it is grounded at each end. I figure doing this should compensate for and resistance in the metal between the grounds for the amp and headunit, therefore making basically it the same ground point. My power for the head unit comes in through an 8 gauge and then I will be building a fuseblock to feed the headunit and a couple other small lighting loads.

Also it was said that the power wire for the amp should be ran inside the cab. What would be wrong about running it along the frame it I get it to where the amp will be? I have yet to buy an amp, so i don't know what gauge I'll need.

The fuse at the power source is a good idea, I never thought of one there.

I have nothing conected right to the battery all my wires go to a juction block. and the through a 14 gauge fusible link to the battery. This is okay to wire everything to that junction box right?

I think I am on the right track now. Thanks for all the help.

BTW I found my wiring instructions, again. The weren't with the rest of my liturature on the headunit. I put them with the headunit so I'd have them when I was installing it. Who would have thought they would be there were you'd need them.
03 Chevy Silverado Sporty Shorty 4.8L

Last edited by 1972ChevyCheyenne; 11-28-2005 at 01:52 PM.
1972ChevyCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote