View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 09:33 AM   #16
bnoon

Re: Project Mr. Green Jeans

After talking to the LP company, they were just going to burn off all of the LP... and $250 estimated minimum charge just wasn't sitting right with me, so I did what any self respecting DIY'er would do... Went and bought my own tools/parts and did it myself! The Menards 14% sale is going on right now, anything you can fit into a paper sack is 14% off... well the heater didn't fit, but I asked the young girl working the register if she could give me the discount anyways since I'm such a loyal customer and she did! Was $119 plus tax before the sale... after the sale price I paid $109 out the door. Then when I got home I found the hose was too short for what I really wanted, so I went back and got 15 feet of extensions for about $40. Now I have 75,000-200,000 BTU's at my disposal for over a $100 less than the LP company wanted to do it for me. I should have no problem heating my garage for the rest of winter, then burning off the excess this spring when I'm ready to drive the truck.

BTW, it was 6 degrees last night. I had this sucker cranked and didn't need a hat/gloves with both garage doors wide open. I closed the door down a little bit (keep open for exhaust ventilation) and it was 65 degrees in less than 10 minutes. 200,000 BTU's is a lot for this 3 car garage!
Attached Images

bnoon is offline   Reply With Quote