View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
LEEVON

Project "Popeye"

My diligence has paid off...it's exactly what I was looking for; clean title, original-ish paint, decent body and pretty much unmolested. The previous owner stored it in a garage for 19 years which stopped the rust monster but not the mice. I found a small amount of rust in the driver floorboard and some small holes in each cab corner and the bed has a couple issues but nothing unexpected. The doors, front clip and the cab are in great shape. I didn't poke around too long because I knew it wouldn't last at his price so we came to terms and I'm picking it up next Saturday.

My vision includes preserving the body, MII front end, 4-link/c-notch rear, 5.3L/700R4, steelies and wide whites, wiring, gauges, seat and maybe some weatherstripping and such then drive her wheels off! We have a baby due in March and I'm finishing a Harley project, so nothing will happen for a couple of months. But when the bike sells and the homelife settles down game on! Here are some cell phone pics:

Last edited by truckdude239; 04-06-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: title change
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote