View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 12:21 AM   #15
MrSchaeferPants

Re: I want to DD my '71 again

I don't understand, I DD mine no problem. Oh wait, there's no understanding of the word show or quality in mine.

Yup even with 7.9 mpg. 4.09 a gallon beats a car payment with full coverage any day. No ac, no power steering, no power brakes, duct tape on my seat, cold blooded, original suspension I'm sure, occasional fighting to put it in 1st or R if needed. Rust, some rot, passenger vent window won't close because it's missing the retaining handle thing, cassette blapunkt from who knows when, sounds like a wind tunnel if I go above 30mph, no horn, blinkers won't turn off automatically, really need new wipers, have to let it warm up for 5 minutes in the morning.

I'll get it done eventually. But it'll never be perfect. If you wait to accomplish these things Before you make it a DD, it will never be one. Something else is holding you back. Figure out what that is and drive the hell out of it, it's begging for it.

Talked to my buddy about hauling a bed full of firewood the other day and I think my 68 drooled a bit it was so excited.

Upon further investigation it was a small antifreeze leak from the upper radiator hose.