Thread: Dropmember C4
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 07:46 PM   #24
GMCGRANDS

Re: DropmemberC4

I have been following your threads and have been impressed with your work. I have been through 4 front suspensions in the last four years, and what you now have looks to be what I have looked for over that time. I want my truck lower but I am not interested in draging frame. I want the handling. I settled for a Fatman at the time but this has posed new challenges with my engine/trans combination, headers, engine mounts, and steering shaft . I have limited fabrication skills and prefer a bolt in application. I have a few questions . Does the C4 member include the engine mounts for a Gen 3 (LSX) engine?

I noticed in the dropmember thread you weld the mount on for the steering shaft support, is this done on this kit as well? How about a front swaybar? If draging frame is not a goal what mods are required to the floor hump or cab floor? Can wider front wheels be run to bring the track width closer to stock without negative effects to handling? Do you build a header for this application or have a suggested manufactor that will work? As the truck gets lower the wheels move closer to the firewall, will this kit keep the wheels centered in the wheel wells? I for one am glad to see someone interested in handling. Sorry for the long post. Thks

05' GMC Sierra Denali LQ9
GMCGRANDS is offline   Reply With Quote