View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 11:28 PM   #13
Zach079xxx

Re: My first truck. 1985 GMC C10

Thanks. I sure do love the thumpr cam. The lope just drives me crazy.

I have some updates over the past few months.. Some good some not good! But before I get into that heres some more pictures of my rebuilt engine.

A before and after shot.

Now onto the bad part! I was heading to a local scrap yard to ditch our old microwave, about 15 miles round trip. I was about 500 feet from pulling into the scrap yard and "sierra mist" shut off. Drifted to the side of the road and tried restarting; NOTHING. She was dead in her tracks. 50 dollar tow and a new MSD Dizzy later, back in business. I did paint the coil cap on the dizzy red to match, IDK why it wasn't read in the first place. Anyways, as you can tell from the picture, the wiring was just old and tired. Figured I might as well buy the whole distributor while I'm at it.

Now onto something more fun.. I have kicker 6 x 9s throughout the truck. 2 in the front and 2 behind the bench, they sound great but sometimes i'd have my radio up to 30-35 on volume to listen while cruising around. I headed to crutch field to look at amps and came out with a 800 watt MTX. Its powering all my 6 x 9s now. Really love it.. it brought out all the speakers potential! 300 dollars for the amp/ amp kit / accessories ect.

Well, now my build thread for "sierra mist" is up to date. Enjoy, its been something else!
Thumpin' away
Zach079xxx is offline   Reply With Quote