View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 12:30 PM   #1
original condor

The Rolling Bruise K10.. Part Rat Rod..Part Big Rig.... Part Mad Max...Pure 4X4!

Howdy all, I'm finally back from my cancer treatment & recovery to let you know what I've accomplished during my recovery to date, ask for advise on future work, & post photos of my process so far! I'm doing a minimum budget, zero cosmetic only upgrades, on my 70 K 10, that I picked up for only $2500 a few years ago just before beginning my chemo, which culminated with a bone marrow transplant once I was in remission from my stage 4 non-hodgkins mantle cell lymphoma in August 2015. I started to discuss this restoration back then, but treatments & other events made continuing too difficult to share at that time, so I backed off till now when I finally started feeling better, was able to complete enough process' to be interesting to others, & was able to take some before & after photos along the way, which I will begin to post once I get that figured out, but having trouble, since I'm a techno- neanderthal to the bone. I'm sure some of you can relate to that kind of problem...LOL...... I'm approaching my 2 year remission anniversary & all has gone well with no infections etc. except for a mild cold recently, so my compromised immune system has performed as well as anyone could hope for along the way!.... This restoration has been a blessing in that it was difficult physically many times along the way, but mentally it prodded me to get out there and accomplish things that made me stronger & provided satisfaction that helped me battle depression/anxiety that unavoidably come with my circumstances encountered!.... That's enough for this introduction, & I'll return soon with more info about my rig, & describe more about this very odd path of restoration that I'm undertaking due to both budget concerns, & planned use for Old Black & Blue..... Looking for fellow 4X4's to go on adventures in the boonies of So Cal with too!
33" 12.50 15 on 8" rims
46" front leafs
52" rear leafs
original condor is offline   Reply With Quote