View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 10:51 PM   #1
whtgmc68

Removing leafs to lower a lifted truck

10 years ago I added a 6" Skyjacker lift when I added the Dana 60 and 14 bolt FF diffs to my 68 K10. We had to cobble together a kit because Skyjacker didn't have an off the shelf kit and that caused me to have to add longer shackles to the front. This required the addition of 2" add-a-leaves to the rear. When you add this amount of spring lift to the higher spring perches of the bigger axles, and me being 10 years older, getting into the truck is not as easy as it used to be.

My front spring packs are five leaves and I am thinking about removing two leaves to drop the front and maybe make it ride a little softer. Then I would remove the add-a-leaves from the rear and another leaf if needed to get it to sit right.

I have searched and cannot find the answer to my question, but has anyone ever done this with a lifted truck and what kind of results did you get? If I could drop it 2-3" then my 35's would easily still clear, the truck would look a little better and my wife might actually get in it again. I don't really want to drop a grand plus on another set of lift springs if I can help it.
Attached Images

whtgmc68 is offline   Reply With Quote