View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 03:44 PM   #60
iriereggaeman

Re: Suburban Vintage Air A/C

I have been trying to get my '72 Suburban original-ish front and rear A/C working with some success. I live in Florida, so I have some minor complaints from the family on the cooling power, especially in city driving. It gets hot here!! The A/C didn't work when I purchased the vehicle about a year ago due to compressor bearing failures. After a little research, I purchased a Four Seasons 58098 AC compressor, with clutch.

It worked ok for a while (about 6 months), but died on me last week. The clutch started spewing black super-heated liquid all over the engine bay. AutoZone - where I purchased it - gave me a free replacement that I installed this week, so I'm back in business.

One question for this group of folks - does anyone have a perspective on replacing the front fan for the A/C system? Is it very involved? Only the LOW and MED speeds now work, and the fan speed was anemic even when the HIGH speed worked. While I have plenty of cold air available, the fan just won't push it to the 2nd row of seats.

Thanks in advance!
iriereggaeman is offline   Reply With Quote